Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all of the Dads out there!  Being a Dad is one of the hardest jobs around.  I think many dads do not fully grasp the impact they will have on their children--for good or for bad.  A Daddy is the first hero of their son or daughter.  I think we all look up to our Daddy's, or want to.  As a daughter, a Daddy is her first "date" and admirer.  She learns about love from her Daddy.  A son, I think, learns how to be a hero from his Daddy.  When you see children, look at their Daddy.  More often than not, I believe, a son will end up very closely mirroring his Daddy as he grows up and the daughter will grow to date and eventually marry someone that very closely resembles, at least, aspects of her Daddy.  All of our Daddy's are humans and therefore can greatly miss the mark of our expectations, but aren't you thankful that we have a Heavenly Father that shows us the pure love of a perfect Father!

 This is my Dad, with me, on my wedding day

When I was a little girl, I remember the safety that I found in my daddy. He worked as a car salesman and would often work well past my bedtime.  However, I was never able to sleep until he got home.  My mom would tuck me in at my assigned bedtime and I would lay there....waiting.  I would know it was getting close to the time he'd be home when the smell of fried chicken began to invade my room.   I would get out of bed and stand by my window, lifting up the blind, and wait for his car to pull into his parking space. As soon as he came in, I would get back into bed and drift off to sleep because when he was home...all was right with the world.  I told my dad about this around the time I got married. He was amazed!  I think he felt loved to know I had done that all those years ago but was also astonished that he had never known. 

Do you have special Daddy memories? 


Happy Father's Day, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment