Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cameron Photo Shoot

I'd like to introduce you to my brother, Cameron.


He is 16 years old and I think he gets taller every time I see him.  My youngest brother, Cameron was an unexpected precious surprise for my parents.  Before Cameron, I was their youngest and I was in high school when he made his arrival!  How's that for a surprise!?

For this shoot, we headed to Carytown.   I love the area and was thrilled to take Cameron there for some photos.  We started out about a block from the old Byrd Theater and stopped at some store fronts along the way.  Our city has such rich, diverse history!

There are some fun delis around Carytown and I would love to come back and sample their food!






Cameron was not too entirely amused yet but I really loved the vintage painted sign on the building at this great deli near the Byrd.

By the time we made it to the Byrd Theater, Cameron was slowly beginning to warm up to the camera and it was neat to see him beginning to enjoy having his picture taken.


Amazingly enough, none of these pictures were posed.  I'm telling you, the boy is a natural! :)




It was right about now in our walk that a gentleman stopped and waited for us to take pictures.  By the looks of his tanned skin, rough lines in his face from a difficult life, and his tattered clothes, we assumed he must be homeless.  He seemed to be slightly disoriented but was gracious to stop for us while we took a shot.  He said when he didn't want to mess up anybody's pretty pictures and that he knew to stop for a picture when he saw such fancy equipment.  He was such a sweet man.  Cameron was very intrigued by this man, tried to give him all that he had at the time, which was a ticket stub to the movie that we had found on the ground in front of the ticket office.  This seemed to confuse the man but he was even more shaken up when Cameron gave him a long, "family" sort of hug.  You know the kind I'm talking about, the long, heart felt hug that you give to your family because you love them and are sincerely glad to see them.  By the man's expression, it seemed as though he probably hadn't had someone reach out to him in such a real, heartfelt way in a long time.  It was such a precious moment.

My brother is truly the most loving and genuine person I think I've ever known and it was such a privilege to get to take pictures of him!


1 comment:

  1. Great work Ginger! I never knew your harbored this talent. Good for you! Cameron looks so grown up and I am feeling super old seeing these pictures of him.

    ReplyDelete