Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tanner Family

Can I just say how much I love this family?  They really are pretty amazing.  With a simple desire to practice taking pictures of someone other then my young'ns, I asked my friend (the Pastor's wife, or the First Lady), Megan, if I could steal her children away to take some pictures and amazingly she jumped at the idea.  Sweet!  So after tweaking our schedules, we decided to get up early and head over to this amazing lake near their home. I am in love with this lake.  It is beautiful, especially around 6:30 am or so.  Here are some unedited shots from the lake.







So the one day we decided to do this, happened to also be a morning in which it felt like winter again.  I didn't get the official temperature reading but it was somewhere in the 30's.  Although it made for quite a brisk morning for us, it made the lake especially dreamy with a beautiful layer of fog hugging the surface of the water.  The kids were A.W.E.S.O.M.E., cold, but awesome and super willing to do whatever crazy things I asked of them!

I have not nearly finished editing but I wanted to get something up for Megan to look through until I'm able to get her at least the top favorites!  Take a peak, enjoy, critique...I welcome your suggestions and thoughts.



Did you realize what a model you have on your hands?  He's legite!































Megan, thanks so much for letting me steal your kids away from their learning for 2 hours and for treating us all to doughnuts afterwards...what a great morning!  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed myself and your kids seriously rocked it out!  I hope you get some pics that you love!  I will continue to add more pictures as I finish editing them.  Love you girl!

4 comments:

  1. These are awesome, Ginger! You have serious talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And...I volunteer my kid for your next model :) Maybe even the family! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are having fun and serving others with this hobby! I know Megan will treasure these fun photos of her children. I think my favorite is the silhouette of the little boy holding up the basketball with the sun shining behind him. Have fun with your friends - I'm sure there will be some volunteers:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous shots, Ginger! My favorite is the first picture with the gazebo and the mist coming off of the morning water...beautiful!! It actually looks like it should be in a travel brochure. LOL. You have great talent...enjoy it. What a treasure to capture the images of life as we go through it.

    ReplyDelete